COVID-19 has been screwing up the world in more ways than one. Many automotive events have been cancelled, including the Geneva Motor Show. Here’s a list:
- McLaren pulled out of the Australian Grand Prix after a team member tested positive for COVID-19. Later, that entire race was cancelled. F1 later announced they would postpone the Bahrain Grand Prix and Vietnam Grand Prix. The Chinese Grand Prix has also been postponed. The rest of the 2020 F1 races will kick off in May.
- In IMSA racing, the 12 Hours of Sebring has been postponed by nearly 8 months to November.
- Moving on to NASCAR, the Atlanta Motor Speed way and Homestead Miami Speedway races have been indefinitely postponed. The series postponed all races through May 3rd, including races at Bristol Motor Speedway, Richmond Raceway, Talladega Superspeedway, and Dover International Speedway.
- All IndyCar races for the months of March and April have been canceled, including the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, the Grand Prix of Alabama. It’s worth noting that IMSA was supposed to run at those races, alongside IndyCars. The Grand Prix of Long Beach, and the IndyCar Challenge at the Circuit of the Americas. The Indy 500 Open Test is also off.
- In the World Endurance Championship, the 1000 Miles Of Sebring has been cancelled, and the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps has been indefinitely delayed.
- The W Series cancelled a pre-season test, but is otherwise unaffected.
- In the Creventic 24H Series Europe, The first ever 12 Hours of Estoril has been called off.
- MotoGP, cancelled its season-opening Grand Prix of Qatar, and the Thailand Grand Prix has been postponed until October 3rd. The Grand Prix of the Americas has been rescheduled to November, as with the Argentina Grand Prix. The Arogan GP and Valencia GP have both been moved.
- The Isle of Man TT has been cancelled, despite taking place in June,
Meanwhile in Formula E, the Sanya ePrix was cancelled, the Rome ePrix was rescheduled, and the Jakarta ePrix was postponed, before FIA and Formula E announced it would be suspending the season for 2 months.
- The NHRA Gatornationals have been postponed, and they announced that they would suspend all drag racing events for 30 days.
- The ARCA Menarss Series has been indefinitely delayed.
- Rally Mexico in WRC will end early, and Rally Argentina has been postponed.
- The first three races in the British Touring Car Championship have been postponed.
- The 100 Acre Rally has been cancelled
- The GT World Challenge Europe’s Monza race has been cancelled.
- The Long Beach Formula Drift event has been cancelled.
- The opening races of Formula 2 and Formula 3 have been postponed.
- The Nurburgring 24 has been postponed to September.
- The opening round of the World Rallycross Championship has been postponed.
- The Geneva Motor Show was cancelled, and the New York Auto Show was rescheduled to the fall. Cadillac’s unveiling of the Lyriq has been delayed. The Grand Tour Season 4 will be delayed. Fast and Furious 9 has been postponed by a year.
*UPDATE: As of 3/18/20, the 24 Hours of Le Mans has been postponed from June 13, 2020 to September 19, 2020.
And that’s most events that have been cancelled. Here’s a good tip. Stay the hell home. Don’t go outside, and practice social distancing. If you don’t feel well, don’t go to work. If you can work from home, DO IT.